Salary: c£20,000 - £25,000
JOB TITLE: Business Development Officer
SALARY & BENEFITS: c£20,000 - £25,000
WORKING HOURS: TBA
THE COMPANY: Our client, based in Blackpool and established in 2009, is a local, ethical and not-for-profit Financial Services organization which is owned and run by its members and provides services only to its members here on the Fylde coast. From its launch in February 2009 this company has continued its steady growth, reaching over 5000 members, serving people across the Fylde coast with affordable loans and easy savings accounts.
THE ROLE: This is initially a business development role supported by the Blackpool office with the longer-term potential for opening and managing a satellite branch in the Preston area.
Role and responsibilities of the Business Development Officer vacancy in Preston/Blackpool:
• Work with the CEO to prepare a business plan to develop the company in Preston
• To promote the company with external organisations
• To actively promote the company using the appropriate marketing activities and media channels in line with agreed marketing/PR strategy
• To engage with existing partners of the company to determine needs, issues, support and training
• Represent the company at business wide forums or undertake formal presentation or speaker opportunities as required. Ensuring the interests of the company are effectively represented and to keep aware of all relevant developments
• To develop approaches to ensure maximum member sign up, when engaging in all development activities to promote the company
• To undertake the acquisition and processing of any new payroll business from the corporate sector
• To review and assess loan applications from members to ensure compliance with the company criteria and support the overall development of the company loan book
• To provide support to the member services team as and when necessary
• To ensure compliance at all times with anti-money laundering, fraud and sanctions processes
• To undertake other duties as may be directed by the Company CEO
Essential Skills and Knowledge required for the Business Development Officer vacancy in Preston/Blackpool
• Knowledge and experience of developing a lending business in the sub prime market
• Has a positive and pro-active approach to initiatives
• Able to work flexibly
• Able to be self-supervising
• Financial experience including loan and saving applications.
• Experience of sub-prime lending activity in local communities.
• People management and relationship building skills
• Able to think creatively to support all new developments
• Good communication skills at all levels, both verbal and written with all staff, members and stakeholders ensuring information and decision making is clear and transparent
• Strong interpersonal skills when representing the Company with external organisations
• Able to receive and carry out instructions accurately
• Keyboard/IT skills and working knowledge of all relevant software
Desirable Skills and Knowledge required for the Business Development Officer vacancy in Preston/Blackpool
• Understands the governance requirements of Financial Services and Credit Unions
• Understands the Credit Union sector
Does this sound like you? Are you our clients next Business Development Officer? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps