National World / The SmartList are advertising on behalf of an external company.
Buxton International Festival has been thrilling audiences for more than 40 years. We have a reputation for offering often once-in-a-life-time opportunities to hear sublime but rarely performed operas; and internationally acclaimed singers, musicians and literary speakers are all attracted to our beautiful spa town.
We are currently recruiting a Book-keeper to process, record and report all financial transactions of the organization in a timely and accurate manner, working with stakeholders across the organization to ensure the effective and efficient management of its transactions.
- Maintain financial systems, including purchase, sales ledger, fixed assets ledger and general ledger.
- Account for VAT and produce returns on a quarterly basis.
- Reconcile financial ledgers to bank accounts.
- Reconcile control accounts as appropriate
- Operate the Festival’s payroll, National Insurance and Nest Pension scheme.
- Calculate and monitor staff holidays entitlement.
- Perform year-end tasks to facilitate the production of statutory accounts.
- Prepare end of month and end of year reporting packs.
- Provide financial information to other team members on an ad-hoc basis and as appropriate.
- Support the Finance Manager in complying with all legal and statutory requirements for charities and registered companies.
- Monitor and report on restricted funds.
- Produce returns for HMRC as required.
- Make and active contribution to team-wide goals and activities that form part of the organization.
- Any other reasonable duties commensurate with this role’s skills and responsibilities, as requested and directed by the Chief Executive Officer.
Book keeping experience is essential.
If this sounds like you, please hit apply now!
Our reference: MTC046
Hours: 2 days a week and will require flexibility around the Festival time in July