Salary: £11.44 per hour
National World / The SmartList are advertising on behalf of MyMiltonKeynes.
Do you have a passion for the Milton Keynes community?
MyMiltonKeynes is a business-funded partnership that gives businesses within the Central Milton Keynes area the power to get together, decide what improvements they want to make in their city centre and how they will be managed.
The Milton Keynes Business Improvement District is the business focused and the business funded ambassador delivering positive change for Central Milton Keynes in safety, cleanliness, mobility, workforce excellence and vibrancy, benefitting businesses and their employees whilst helping to attract more investment and visitors to the area.
About the role:
MyMiltonKeynes are looking to hire a Central Milton Keynes (CMK) Ambassador to support the team in delivering the BID Business Plan and its overarching objectives on behalf of the BID Levy payers.
You will be interacting with the business community and general visitors, providing an enhanced level of awareness of the BID and its five main strategic themes. You will be a warm and knowledgeable point of contact, maintaining a calm and professional approach to problem solving and issues you observe whilst in CMK.
Key responsibilities will include (But not limited to):
- Liaise with businesses, handling levy payers enquiries referring these to the relevant person/organisation. An important element to the role is the feedback of any comments or issues back to the BID office so that they can be collated on to the BID Base Relationship Management database and followed up.
- A daily presence within the BID area to maximise contact with businesses (levy payers) located in the area. (You will be expected to work alone but will be in contact with HO through radio contact).
- To collate all information into a daily report for circulation to the BID HO staff.
- Distribution of communication to levy payers on behalf of the BID as required.
- To provide weekly and monthly reporting on business contacts, changes in personnel, business enquiries and follow up. To implement a set of key performance statistics to track awareness of the BID, its activities and the economic health of the BID area post Covid.
- Liaison with the BID funded Thames Valley Police. Providing intelligence on anti-social behaviour, hot spots, and highlighting areas of concern and understanding the scale of homelessness effecting CMK.
- Strict attention to personal responsibilities in the areas of risk management, health, safety and welfare. (This is a non-confrontational role and no enforcement powers are expected of the jobholder).
- Report of damage/incidents to the appropriate authority, which the Ambassador believes may constitute a Health & Safety issue.
- Adherence at all times to Company training procedures and company policies and procedures as set out in the Staff Handbook.
- Adherence to the uniform policy (including the wearing of uniform items as issued) and adherence to the company’s general dress code.
- Knowledge and understanding of Central Milton Keynes and its business makeup.
- Good oral communication. Confident and presentable. Able to communicate professionally and confidently to the public and levy payers.
- Ability to work with a range of individuals and organisations in the public and private sectors.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions. The role requires a good level of fitness.
- Personable, Presentable, Confident, Approachable, Reliable, Trustworthy and Articulate.
If this sounds like you, please hit apply now!
Our reference: MTC045
Vacancy: CMK Ambassador
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £11.44 per hour
Benefits: Maximum of 23 days annual leave entitlement, plus public holidays. Three days must be allowed for Christmas and New Year
Hours: 40 hours per week